Autumn is upon us! For most of the country, that means the end of flip-flops and tank tops. Who’s ready for comfy jeans and sweatshirts? That’s right, fall is my favorite season! Who can blame me when a trip to anywhere in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, boasts bold, fall colors on every mountainside? It is truly breathtaking!
This is the time of year when Major League Baseball (MLB) is winding down, and the National Football League (NFL) is gearing up. Seasonal preparations start for the home, and subconscious thoughts of the holidays start with every suggestion from the media and retail marketing (seems like it is earlier every year). The kids are back in school, and the organized chaos has begun!
So what’s an au pair and their host family to do with these shorter days and cooler, longer nights? Share your favorite fall activity ideas with us! Here are some of my ideas:
- Scavenger Hunt with media device or item collection
- Create an obstacle course
- Map out the stars with an app like this: http://www.vitotechnology.com/star-walk.html
- Outdoor game (kickball, whiffle ball, soccer, basketball, etc.)
- Build a fort (recycled boxes, chairs and sheets/blankets)
- Take a nature walk, pointing out seasonal changes
- Traditional game from your childhood
- Collect different fallen leaves for art projects
- Act out a favorite poem or short story
- Trace each other’s shadow in different poses with chalk
- Traditional games with different rules
- Visit the API Pinterest page for more fall activity ideas http://www.pinterest.com/aupairsquare/
Bring us along on your journey!
We’d love to hear about your au pair experience with API!
AU PAIR INTERNATIONAL REQUESTS THAT YOU DON’T POST PHOTOS OF YOUR HOST CHILDREN ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.